Oddly enough, people will watch what they’d never read.
Drive That Message Home With Succinct Video
People barely read anymore. It’s why my shrewdest clients turn to me for video that persuades, informs and builds brands. I write video scripts for landing pages, new product intros, instructional purposes, to change market perceptions and to entertain. From initial concept to shoot-ready scripts, from 15 seconds to 15 minutes, I serve clients in B2C and B2B. Applying two decades’ experience to each project, I develop video ideas that create powerful connections with audiences. I also offer branded entertainment and social media scriptwriting.
Who is Paul Fenn?
A deeply experienced media-agnostic copywriter delivering juicy ideas, copy and content for clients in B2C and B2B. Clients come to me to clarify and harness their strengths to grow their prominence or dominance. To become unshackled from ineffective, outdated or dull corporate communications. To apply a well-thought-out brand persona that connects with audiences. And to start conversations and relationships that inspire trust and belief, while growing revenue.
Why work with me?
I have been writing TV commercials, radio ads, B2C/B2B and explainer videos for two decades. I have a proven storytelling approach that blends fact, funny and drama in persuasive ways that deliver on client objectives. Videos I’ve penned have gone on to win dozens of awards. If you have a message to get out there, talk to me.
"People barely read anymore. So my shrewdest clients turn to me for video."
- Paul Fenn, Toronto Copywriter
Can one little video have market-altering effects?
Mine sure have. I call it the enterprise approach: Apply knowledge gained from deep research to enter an audience’s collective consciousness, present a clear, credible understanding of their needs, then prise open their acceptance. This can range from a sales piece to a “who we are” to a recruitment drive to business milestones, awards, etc. In branded video, I write short dramatic & comedic web series scripts with fully fleshed-out characters, story arcs, locations – creating subtle associations with sponsoring brands.
It starts with a rock-solid brief
My Video Creative Brief asks about the business problems you aim to solve, budget, resources (locations, facilities, people, etc.), and for research channels I can use for insight into your industry, audience and markets. I ask what your audience knows, what you want it to know, and about the unique aspects of your offering. I rough-out concepts, we discuss them, choosing the one best suited to your objectives, then I finalize it in script format. Some clients involve me from concept through post. Others just want scripts. Either way works.
What you can expect
I deliver and write video content ideas suited to your budget in sales & video marketing, educational and recruiting video, as well as high-concept branded content. My scriptwriting services include:
- Provision of a blank brief in which you provide your objectives for the project, info, links, documents, etc. to enable research into all subject matter relevant to the video (your company, industry, competitors, markets, etc.)
- Submission of 3 written original video concepts and follow-up discussion
- The selected concept rendered into professional script format, including three rounds of revisions
- If requested, my presence through pre-production, shooting and post-production
- High ROI and excellent quality of creative, writing and scripting
- On-time delivery of all written work
- Access to multiple industry contacts (directors, producers, talent, DoPs, location scouts, post houses, video promotion services, etc.), if needed
What You Get