Ghostwriting picks up where time and/or ability leave off.
Articulate Ghostwriting that Readers Devour
The ghostwriter’s job is to capture the essence of the storyteller behind the project and render it accurately and eloquently in written form. Good ghostwriters are well-read, well-lived souls themselves, with a ready ear for personality type, a solid grounding in various literary forms and a talent for knowing target audience likes and dislikes.
When a ghostwriter is hired
Ghostwriting projects start out in different ways. They might be a written text, a video, audio recording, a series of interviews or a collection of diaries, notes or cocktail napkin scribbles made along the road of life.
For whatever reason, the project initiator cannot undertake the work him/herself and needs the help of an expert ghostwriter.
Why work with me?
I’m a writer who began his career in travel writing, switched to magazine reportage and editorial, then to copywriting in advertising, then web content, then video scripting and, more recently, TV & film screenwriting. As a copywriter, I inhabit a strange paradox in which I communicate on behalf of others things they know better than me. So ghostwriting, for me, came as a natural extension of copywriting. I bring a life experience that’s beyond unique, a Brobdingnagian vocabulary which I know when and when not to apply, a love of research and context, a need to read everything under the sun and a fierce addiction to daily writing.
"I inhabit a strange paradox in which I communicate on behalf of others things they know better than me."
- Paul Fenn, Toronto Copywriter
Articulate ghostwriting that readers devour
Whether it’s your autobiography, a novel or an academic book, you don’t want to assign its ghostwriting to just any schmuck. You need a veteran ghostwriter who understands the work’s subject matter, has an innate appreciation of your voice, and can deliver on your objectives for the piece. Ghostwriting requires time and trust, between writer and client. It’s worth your time to investigate prospective ghostwriters carefully.
What's in it for you
- A frank assessment of your project’s viability, scope of work, time required and estimated cost
- Detailed consultations regarding plot, message, story arcs, writing style, tonality and length of work
- For fiction, a well-written, engaging work containing fully realized story components, characters, key messages, metaphors, subtexts, etc., all tightly rendered
- For non-fiction, a work that inspires, imparts knowledge and meaning, provokes action, shares wisdom, riffs informally off lessons learned, all delivered in a succinct package
- A religious devotion to brevity and potency
- Grammatically-correct text
- 3 rounds of revisions included in fee
- On-time delivery of each draft
Mastery of varied tonalities is my forte. I span it all, from serious to angry to laconic to sarcastic to erudite to gripping to yarn-spinning to kid-friendly. I use metaphor in ways that make ideas click neatly into place in readers’ minds. My goal is to make everything I ghostwrite unputdownable and remembered by readers. You will never have to ask me to make it less boring.
You’ll probably want to see recent writing samples. Just ask.
What You Get